Friday, July 25

What Lawyers Know That You Wish You Knew

"I brought the money like the lawyer said to do..." -Bob Marley

Featured in Real Simple
Based on the book Winning Every Time: How to Use the Skills of a Lawyer in the Trials of Your Life (Ballantine) by Lis Wiehl.

1. Know your theory of the case - what is your end goal?
2. Pick your juror - who is likely to help achieve your goal?
3. Discovery - gather evidence and knowledge.
4. Make your case - confront.
5. Cross-examination - should you encounter a hostile witness.
6. Avoid the 7 Deadly Spins - don't shoot yourself in the foot.
7. Tell a story - persuade by conveying your message in a memorable way.
8. Closing - ask for it and send thank yous.

Opinion Based

I am not paid for the magazines I feature, products I mention nor the websites I display. I really read the magazines and pick out the best stuff I find. Savorites (saved+favories) are items that I actually use or sites I actually visit.