Tuesday, October 14

Improve Your Sleep

"And what I wanna see, is you go to sleep." -Eminem


Take a warm bath: Make taking a 30-minute soak before you hit the sheets a nightly routine. Try EO Products French Lavender Bath Salts or Origins Calm To Your Senses Lavender and Vanilla Milk Bath in your bath.

Discover relaxing oils: Add a drop to shampoo, the bath, lotion or pulse points with The Body Shop Deep Sleep Essential Oil.

Create a calming bedroom: Make your bedding even cozier with a spritz of Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Sleep Mist.

Give skin a soothing scent: Use lotion with lavender, vanilla clove or chamomile at bedtime. These scents have been proven to have a relaxing effect. Try Bath & Body Works Warm Milk & Honey Sleep Body Lotion.

Before you turn in...

  • Work the room: Light suppresses melatonin. Close curtains, keep lights on a dimmer, move the TV out of the bedroom and keep it cool - no more than 68 degrees.
  • Consume wisely: Don't eat a large meal before bed. And before you reach for a 4 p.m. latte, know that caffeine stays in your system for 12 hours.
  • Hear the sounds: Consider earplugs if you sleep with a snorer or on a busy road, and invest in a sound machine.

Extreme sleep aid: Low Blue Lights glasses block blue light, which suppresses melatonin levels. They're meant to be worn three hours before bedtime to induce drowsiness.

Opinion Based

I am not paid for the magazines I feature, products I mention nor the websites I display. I really read the magazines and pick out the best stuff I find. Savorites (saved+favories) are items that I actually use or sites I actually visit.