Tuesday, November 4

Let's Make This Simple

"Why do you make something so easy so complicated." -Usher

I keep tearing out articles and snippets about what vitamins are found in what fruit/vegetable and what it'll do for you specifically. I hang them on the fridge like, "Oooo, I'm gonna start eating more x (enter in any fruit/veggie of your choice)." But I know I won't. I won't make an concerted effort to seek out that new, anti-aging fruit that, while supposedly works miracles, can't be found anywhere.

What I suggest, as much to me as to you, is to eat a wide variety of fruits and veggies and don't worry about it! But make sure you're eating them! Start your day off with fruits so that you are eating them on an empty stomach (fruit acids produce a fermentation that can upset stomachs and slow digestion of other foods) then have veggies with dinner and as a late night snack (vegetable may be combined with either proteins or carbohydrates). See HealthyWayMagazine for a good article on this concept.

So, while it's great to know what every vitamin will do and how to get it, I'm going to stop collecting these types of articles, stop with the guilt of not incorporating each and every vitamin into my daily diet (take a multi if you're so concerned) and just start eating 'em!

Opinion Based

I am not paid for the magazines I feature, products I mention nor the websites I display. I really read the magazines and pick out the best stuff I find. Savorites (saved+favories) are items that I actually use or sites I actually visit.